Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's a dreary day but I feel cheery.

I've done a whole mountain range of laundry this week.  Do you think laundry increases with cold weather?  I know the garments are all bigger.
"And the birdie says"
         I need to be reminded of the family members who wear these clothes, I love them all. I'm so glad they are here to fill them.
    Today 's verse on my flip calendar :  
         (Translation needed due to photo booth reversal)
    "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered (ouch!), it keeps no record of wrongs (dbl ouch! ). Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth." 1Corinthians 13:4-5
           Timely? I'd say so.

Balsam jar candle burning in my kitchen. Am I needing to paint? Yep

 
I love the smell of evergreen trees. I would burn this year round if I could always get it.  Ever take a walk in a wood of pine on a warm summer's day. Ahh.
    I've been up to more than laundry naturally. Yesterday I went to AC Moore. Oh boy!   That's where I got the candle but I also got this:
pocket basket



I put it up empty cause it's pretty as is. I will fill it with seasonal flowers.  There is the lavender harvested from my L plant stuffed in it though.
Later I went to Good Will and I found this:

green sheep plate, isn't it pretty?
I really went looking for materials for my girls costumes next week.  They both go to AWANA. If you
are familiar with this they have Trunk -a- Treat as a Halloween christian alternative. This year's costume theme is "sports". The girls have decided to go as figure skaters. So I am getting their costumes together.
 Haley's second grade is also having "Literacy day" next Wednesday. They all get to come up with a costume or other idea to depict\ represent their favorite character from a book they read. Haley read a book of King Arthur stories called "Merlin and the making of the King".   She wants to dress up as "Vivien" The Lady Of the Lake.  A girl after my own heart.   I found some pale green fabric for $1.99 at Savers. That's the start.   I'll post pictures here when I'm all done.
What is AWANA? You can find out at www.awana.org

         Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa Loghry went back to Rhode Island for the cold months.
They have a snug little inlaw apartment with my brother and family.  We'll see them at Thanksgiving - we go there- and Christmas - they spend the day here, and other random times they'll make a day trip to visit. Here is there little summer cottage , it's hibernating.

It will be disturbed in a few weeks as it is handy for squirreling christmas secrets away- under lock and key! Here is another view: That's out cottage in the front - - see the wee bit of green right in the center of the picture? That's G&G Loghry's place.
(Our yard needs some cleaning up.)
It's rather sad and cold without them.
Mom suggested that I put christmas lights in some of the windows to brighten it up for - well Christmas!



I'll close by sharing something more of my little world: This is "Buddy" and just like many other cats out there, he just feels compelled to crowd onto my lap with the laptop.
He's about 10 years old. He's been one of three pets, then 2, now it's just him.
Oh, I should not forget "Shrews-Berry":   See that little creature by the cat's dish? He's about the same color as Buddy but maybe a hundred times smaller.

 Right now there's a bunch of you out there saying eeooww! Well, you may , that is your right.
    I woud like to call him a "vagabond" but that doesn't truly suit. Oh no, he has set up housekeeping somewhere under the kitchen counter.  He thinks the cat food is his personal supply.  Have no fear, he will soon be "shown" the door, evicted. Meanwhile ,I fancy myself a bit of a modern day Beatrix Potter. After all without people like her we would've never had her delightful little children's books.
    I hope you appreciate these two little pictures of "Shrews-Berry". It took 34 takes!  He's just so fast.

Well, and that's all for now. Bye Bye!
 

3 comments:

  1. You have a lovely home, but I'm not sure I'd share your happiness at your mousey friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes ,just as I expected, my mother would agree - - even more so. She says ,"you did not get that from me!"
      In regards to my home, thank you. I'm positive it's not as clean and neat as yours. Have you always been so? Even with a houseful of kids? My maternal grandmother was like that even with 5 kids. Your kind words are an encouragement.

      Delete